Broadridge Financial Solutions Applications Development Consultant HT in New York, New York
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the -EEO is the Law- poster.
-Our Associates Matter.Everyone Benefits from Diversity - Inclusion.Diverse - Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.-
Broadridge is hiring! We’re seeking a Web UI Lead to join our LTX team. LTX is a fintech startup, in stealth mode, incubated within Broadridge Financial Solutions, a global fintech company with a market cap of over $15B and a leader in fixed income technology. LTX's mission is to bring greater trading efficiency and instantaneous market intelligence to complex financial marketplaces. This activity will introduce an innovative machine learning framework, drawing on our unparalleled pool of transaction history, that will power the way illiquid fixed income securities are transacted in the future.Led by a group of successful fintech innovators, LTX is now putting together a top-tier development team to build an entirely new next-generation multi-asset trading platform. If you are highly talented with a passion and drive for both technology and financial markets, you should consider joining the LTX team. You will help shape the next generation of global financial markets.
· Create an entirely new real-time Trading Web UI from the ground up
· Focus on visual appeal, responsiveness, performance and usability
· Participate in product design and provide input on usability early in the design phase
· Produce prototypes to solicit real user feedback, utilize feedback to evolve the product iteratively
· Build reusable UI elements including trading grids, dialogs and screen navigation widgets
· Ensure all elements of the client code are covered by automated tests
· Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
· Ability to deliver excellent User Experiences (UX) and responsive User Interfaces (UI) across multiple browsers
· Good understanding of the internals of Web protocols: TCP, HTTP, Websockets and REST
· Solid understanding of object-oriented design and programming
· Proficiency developing asynchronous code using Ajax/Websockets and promises
· Passion for programming is a must
· Trading systems experience is a plus
· Meaningful contributions to open source projects or interesting code on GitHub
· Experience with Node.js
· Working knowledge of Linux, Amazon AWS EC2/S3/RDS
· Deep sense of pride and will do whatever it takes for your team to succeed
· Knowledge of how to optimize code for performance and memory usage
· Ability to solution prior writing code
· Belief that coding is something creative and possess a desire to write "beautiful" code
· Problem-solving attitude and practice of being proactive"
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.